Saturday, January 19, 2008

Vive le difference

It is weather like we have been having that makes me appreciate men. A couple of years ago when we had several days of icy roads and leftover snow, I noticed it was the men who who were navigating the roads well. I think the ability was born into my yankee husband who can be chivalrous at a time like this, and I don't believe it is all because of the thrill factor. He puts aside his behind the wheel aggression and changes into a cautious driver, able to avoid slips and twists on the ice, and drives me where I need to go. I know that we women can rise to any occasion and do whatever we have to, but sometimes it is really nice to let men do their thing. Especially for us southern belles.

1 comment:

Lori said...

That navigational ability must be a Yankee thing (or...a Northern Midwest thing)...because I too have that aptitude~ And I'm a girl! ;-)