Wednesday, January 16, 2008

First Snow

When I left the hospital tonight, fluffy flakes were falling and there was a lovely white coating on the ground and trees. I didn't anticipate any problems driving home until I went down a small hill that I usually take, and my car spun. Yikes! I cautiously turned around and started to creep the rest of the ten mile trip home. The snowflakes kept increasing in number and size and started coming faster and faster. The roads were getting more icy and slick. I had to keep the speed under twenty miles an hour or else, I found, I would slide. I must concentrate and do the right thing every second. In some places my Chevy was the only vehicle on the road. A couple of trucks passed me but the few other cars crept along at the same pace. In time, I made it all the way home and pulled into my driveway. My car that had been in a parking garage all day was now covered with about three inches of snow. Yet it was all so beautiful, the white trees, and the moon casting light all around off of the white snow, looking more like evening than almost midnight. In spite of my awe, I am so very thankful to have made it home. This picture is one I took with my handy little camera of the hospital grounds as I was leaving.

1 comment:

kvtravis said...

wow! i had no idea y'all got snow! glad you made it home!