Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Big Game

I didn't see much of the exciting football game between the Giants and the Packers in frigid Green Bay on Sunday, but every time I walked by the television I felt a chill. The intensity of the cold was way beyond anything I could imagine yet the players and the most of the fans in the stadium toughed it out. I can't say that I know how a man thinks, but I do believe that since I am the mother of sons, I have a bit of insight. When I saw those young men playing their little hearts out in the polar temperatures, I thought they must be loving it. I believe that there were many men sitting in the warmth of their homes who were living vicariously that day. Warriors battling it out for victory in horribly adverse conditions. Such a manly thing to do! My sons invited me to play in their fantasy football league the past two years. Any interest I'd had in football had waned over the years, so I had to update my little bit of knowledge and learn about and follow some of the players. Plaxico Burress, a standout in Sunday's game, was on my fantasy team this year, and I felt like a proud mama. On to the Super Bowl! At least the weather should be better in Arizona.

No comments: