Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Simply Splendid Seasons

Say what you want about South Carolina, but Greenville has some fine weather. First of all, the seasons are well-defined but not extreme. We ease into winter after a colorful, crisp fall. Some tenacious leaves are still hanging on today.* Then cold weather visits for a spell usually blessing us with a couple of nice fluffy snows that know not to stick around too long. Before you know it, daffodils signal for spring that gracefully dances in bringing its lush greens and beautiful blooming things. And summer has just the right amount of hot southern days. When I think of what I like best about Greenville, I first say...the clean air and the weather. Late this afternoon, the only time I could go today, I headed out to shop. While slowly moving along in the heavy traffic, I was treated to a breathtaking evening sky as it headed toward sunset. A panorama of blue colors streaked with shades of pinks and and sprinkled with a few tufts of cream and silver clouds. A camera couldn't have captured it. Later as I left with my bags, the merry little lights that trimmed the stores helped light the dark night as I walked to my car in the December chill. And a nice warm sweater was all I needed. What a nice evening to be in Greenville, South Carolina.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Sounds enticingly lovely! I did not realize that the seasons were so distinct in SC. I like that they are. I did notice the fall colors on the trees near your house in the pics you had sent to me. You paint a nice picture with your words.