Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Come and Gone

Yesterday with sixteen of us here together, we had some jolly old Christmas fun. There's nothing greater than to be with the ones we love. The traditions, gifts, good food, and merriment provide a fine backdrop for keeping up with each other. Life is always changing and moving along. Not only are we grown ups a year older, but through attrition or addition, the composition of the family often changes from year to year. An addition this year is Chip whom Lisa brought for us to meet before their wedding next month. Chip has been serving the country in Iraq for the past year. Our youngest is adorable John who has so much enjoyment of life. "Mmmm...I like egg nog," he said enthusiastically when trying it for the first time. But...rather than struggle for the right words to say how much I love everyone who blessed my home yesterday and my life continually, and how much I appreciate each ones individuality and how wonderful they all are, I will just leave it at that. Another Christmas Day has come and gone, etched forever as a memory.

1 comment:

kvtravis said...

Sorry I missed the Christmas gathering! I enjoyed spending time together on Christmas Eve, and I look forward to keeping tabs on you through your blog! :)