Thursday, December 20, 2007

A Redirected Greeting

Today I am not taking the time to blog. My creative juices are being directed elsewhere. Therefore...so as to have something posted on this day, I am going to plagiarize from a bulk Christmas greeting email I received from one of my favorite Christian singers, Kathy Troccoli. I was first introduced to her in the nineties via a song she wrote and sang called Go Light Your World. It began, "There is a candle in every soul, some brightly burning, some dark and cold..." And it proceeded to encourage us to take our candles and "seek out the hopeless..." and light the candles in others. Kathy has a nice alto voice and was a rock/pop singer at one time. Today I will quote from her Christmas email.
--- "I once bought my kids a set of batteries with a note on it that said toys not included." Bernard Manning
--- "God goes to those who have time to hear him, and so on this cloudless night, he went to simple shepherds." Max Lucado
--- "In the hustle and bustle of the season, let us remember that He longs for us to stop and listen. As God revealed himself to those shepherds, know that He still comes close to those open to seek Him and hear Him. He loves you so." Kathy Troccoli

No comments: