Sunday, August 1, 2010

Lazy Day

The granchildren have gone back to Tennessee and the house is quiet. the weather has been overcast and still, and now a soft rain is falling. My fluffy black cat is sitting on the back of the couch looking out the window. It is a perfect day for reading. I am finally getting into Pillars of the Earth, which along with World Without End, were recommended when I was in France two years ago because of the historical aspect. I hope it will capture me. When I was eighteen and a freshman in college, I took a speed reading class that to this day interferes with my enjoyment of a book. (On the positive side however, I can zip through a medical record faster than anyone.) I remember a sleepy Sunday when I was a teen, before the year of the speed reading infirmity, when I read My Cousin Rachel, the first of the Daphne du Maurier's novels that I loved. On to the couch!

No comments: