Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Family is good

It has been another nice day with Caroline. Spending time with my grandmother was always a special thing for me, and I hope it is for my grandchildren, too. I think that it is comforting/validating to know that there are people outside of your own four walls, your nuclear family, who love you and value time spent together. It holds true on both ends. I appreciate Caroline's parents for letting us have these few days. Morning and early afternoon were rainy, but about three this afternoon we left for a little shopping and an early dinner at one of my favorite places, Mimi's Cafe. I thought she would like it and by her smiles, I know she did. We even ordered key lime cheesecake bars to split for dessert. Tomorrow she will be leaving and on Thursday will start back to school. Thanks Sally and Peter for sharing your sweet daughter!

No comments: