Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Father Knows Best

For the second time in the past three years, our plans to move have not materialized. Honestly...I thought the house would sell right after I retired, that we would settle in to our new home and, by now, be kicking the sand at Wrightsville Beach every sunset. But here we are, same as before. That's OK. I trust the one who knows the plans for me. And besides, after the almost four month sabbatical, I am happy to be back at work in many ways, and none more than the connections with the people. Today the lyrics from "We are Family" popped in my head as I had "all my sisters with me." With the house off the market again, and a commitment to show up at work when needed, it will probably be a while before we attempt to reach the Promised Land of Wilmington again.

No comments: