Friday, August 6, 2010

Similar Work?

As I was passing through Hendersonville today, the message center on my dash flashed an exclamation point and the warning to "check tire pressure." Fortunately I was right in front of an old garage when I saw it, so I pulled in and told the attendant my plight. He was wonderfully helpful and checked all the tires finding the back passenger tire to be at twenty, possible from a slow leak, and pumped some air into it. Asking if he could do anything else and then almost refusing to be paid (though I did) I thought how I can't remember having a bad experience with a mechanic when I really needed one. Maybe they are like nurses, I thought, except they help cars instead of people, or in my case both cars and people such as this damsel (dame) in distress.

No comments: