Monday, April 12, 2010

It's Just a Number

Tomorrow is Sally's birthday, and since I don't do much of anything ahead of time, I went out today to buy her a card. I am not much of a card person. They are OK and sometimes can be touchingly sweet or bitingly funny, but I see them more as something to hold a check. That why I get them for fifty cents at the dollar store. I was selecting the right one for her and saw these that celebrated birthdays right up to the hundredth. (Check out the one with the blue jay on the bottom.) Now I am used to the cards for babies and children that say "Now you are one!" or two or twelve, but I don't think I had seen one for age one hundred. I wonder how many they sell. I thought about buying one to stick to the fridge for inspiration, especially now that I have "retired" at such a youthful age. Happy Birthday to Sally tomorrow and may you live to be old enough to get one of these cards, at least the one that says "Wishing You a Very Happy 95th Birthday"...and many more.

No comments: