Thursday, April 8, 2010

Greenfield Lake

It was hard to force myself out of Wilmington today to head west to the Upstate of SC. The weather was lovely, I had enjoyed the company of my aunt and uncle, and had found a couple of houses I could easily see myself living in. Could I please stay? I had to spend just a little more time. So before I left, I drove the lazy circles of Lake Shore Drive that took me around Greenfield Lake, and I reminisced about the happy days I spent there when I was a little girl. It was a time when family was all around, something that sadly ended when I was seven and we moved away. Today the azaleas were found to be starting their seasonal show, but it's not just about the azaleas. All around was to me quite naturally beautiful, the tall cypresses rising from the shimmery blue-green lake, swaying Spanish moss, honking geese overhead, soft breezes, small dragonflies one of which playfully landed on my hand as I was taking a picture. Simply Heaven.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And it looks like Heaven!!
Pat