Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Bodymind

Several years ago I found the book "Molecules of Emotion" by Candace Pert on the library shelf. It was of such importance to me that I found a way to incorporate some of its discoveries and teachings in the papers I had to write at the time, when I was an older college student. A couple of years ago I ordered her next book "Everything You Need to Know to Feel Go(o)d" and now finally am finishing/studying it. Though I have had many science type classes and as a nurse have learned about receptor sites, peptides, neurotransmitters and such, at times I felt like I needed to start with a "Candace Pert for Dummies " if there were one. These are not books I can scan but must actually read. That being said...

I love what she as a scientist has discovered and also how she presents her discoveries. Essentially she has identified emotions as actual things that can be visualized - in a lab of course. Though I told my students how "We are one organism" and my patients that "The body stores memories," there was no scientific proof until recently. Her findings also validate the teachings of those who teach others to think positive thoughts and to be of good cheer.

The body is the subconscious mind, she says.

I will write more about this tomorrow - since I am having computer problems today.

No comments: