Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Yea Day

1. Yesterday was my last day of teaching for a while. I gave a silent but heartfelt yea! just like the students did, and when I got home? Drained.

2. Today I got ol' Raym to the reflexologist. Another yea! I have wanted him to go for years. She has been in practice for thirty years and gave his feet a good workout. As she was rubbing he asked, "What are you doing?" She responded, "Working on your spine." He just gave a quizzical look.

3. I got to work early and went over to our Starbucks. I got a medium Pike's Place, and as I was stirring in my cream, I heard one of my favorite Leonard Cohen songs. Yea!

4. Since it is Nurses Week, we have been offered a few cool things. I was back on the unit and preparing for my duties of the shift, when we were told we could go to a nearby room and get our hands blessed. I had been with Sally and Caroline to get their pets blessed so why not my hard working hands. DeAnna and I walked over and after a little chitchat with the Presbyterian chaplain, we offered our hands for a drop of scented olive oil. Yea! Trouble was, I had a strong urge to get to the nearest Olive Garden afterward.

No comments: