Monday, May 4, 2009

The Bare Accessories

Accessorizing well remains one of those mysteries to me. Sometimes I see an army of bangles around another woman's wrist or shimmery necklaces of the length and tone that perfectly enhance what she is wearing, and think how much I like the look. And I wonder...how did she put it all together? What comes first, deciding what clothes to wear or what accessories to wear? Or maybe she thought...what kind of woman do I feel like today? Sensible, sexy, or fun?
But as much as I appreciate this in "my sisters" (i.e. other women) I think I also avoid accessorizing because it makes me feel like...let me out of here! The most I ever do is put on a sentimental old favorite piece of jewelry from time to time. But soon it becomes cumbersome, and I feel that I am choking from the weight. Chains become chains and I do not feel free. A lightweight pair of earrings is enough to make me feel dressed up and girly. That's just me.

No comments: