Saturday, May 16, 2009

So far so good

We had a pleasant and uneventful flight to Florida yesterday that fortunately gave me no funny stories to tell. After breakfast today we left Sarasota in our rental car and took 41 South eventually finding our way to our nice and economical Hampton Inn in Bonita Springs. This afternoon we checked out Bonita Beach and also the architecturally endowed Barefoot Beach before heading off for Sanibel about five. After going through the toll booth and crossing over a couple of bridges, we followed a road until it ended at the Sanibel Lighthouse, parked, and we were there! There were people fishing, shelling, walking, and enjoying the white sand and emerald water, but it was far from crowded. A couple of serious looking guys with big fancy cameras passed me. I'll bet you can see every feather on their egrets! The required afternoon thunderstorm came at sunset but only added to the beauty of the sky dome. Tonight we ate at at a great Mexican restaurant here in Bonita Springs, Iguana Mia. That's it for today!


1 comment:

Tootie said...

I've spent quite a bit of time on Bonita Beach, because I have a cousin who lives there. She has taken me to Iguana Mia several times and I liked it a lot.

Your egret photos below are beautiful!