Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Op-Ed

After the terrorist attack on America of September 11, 2001, and then the Interstate shootings in 2002, I became somewhat of a news junkie. I suppose many others in America did the same. It morphed into spending way too many hours hearing the same news stories - murders, missing persons, war - over and over, thinking a new angle or more information may be divulged. But now I can now proudly say I am almost free of my news addiction. I can personally thank Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton for my changed lifestyle. At this point, I am not interested in who has endorsed either candidate. I don't want to see anyone giving an opinion about what the latest less than truthful statement was meant to say. Enough already. The good thing is that I am repelled enough by it all to turn off the television.