Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Drop Back and Punt

Sometimes things just don't work out as we plan. We fumble or get an unexpected tackle or sack. It has happened to me a couple of times recently and has given me cause to get myself in a huddle, at least for a few minutes. After that time out to process, I then have an opportunity to do something different. And just maybe the new position along life's playing field is where I needed to be all along. Though today it is a small frustration, of no lasting consequence, sometimes it is the big and hoped for plans, goals and expectations that don't work out. In either case, if we drop back and work at clarifying the various angles on the situation, we can develop a new perspective. Then we can punt, change direction, and try a new game plan. When we practice dropping back and punting in small things, when the bigger games come along, we will more likely be ready for them.

No comments: