Thursday, July 22, 2010

Collage Class Day 3

Last night I spread out my papers and opened the container of glue/gel and started cutting and pasting. I really needed to get in the groove and see how all the ingredients felt and acted in my hands and on the canvas. It ended up being so much fun I had to force myself to stop and get to bed at a decent hour! I think the only time I have collaged before was when I did it with my patients as a therapeutic activity, but now I see that it really can be a respectable art form. In class today, the students were cutting and pasting, designing and placing their layouts on their boards and canvases. Most were fairly simple, which is the thing to do for beginners, but still interesting and eye catching. Mine was OK, but tomorrow I am going to have to add some to it. The main thing is that the lessons have taken. My brain knows how to do this now, and I am pretty excited about it.

No comments: