Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My favorite day to shop

Another Tuesday. Another shopping day. Though I don't think of myself as one who lives to shop, I sure do enjoy hitting the stores that reward me for having reached a certain age. And now that I have time, I can wait until Tuesday to get what I need. Malls give me a sense of dread, but these mini "discount" department stores in the strip shopping centers where parking is easy and carts are available make shopping easy. I enjoy walking the aisles and looking in the racks and feeling the fabrics and seeing the styles both in clothes and in household things. Occasionally I will have a short conversation with another shopper, but most women are like me, lost in their thoughts as they push their carts around the store, looking for something they can't live without. I think most of us love a bargain, and today I found one - two pretty sweaters that I must wait until fall to wear, but they were irresistible at less than ten percent of the original manufacturers price. I looked for something wrong with them, a snag or a gaping hole, but they were both pristine. How could I be so lucky! I tried them on, they were still perfect, and after reminding the cashier that it is Tuesday and I was eligible for a discount, checked out and brought my nice mostly cotton sweaters home. I never know what a Tuesday shopping trip may bring.

No comments: