Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Healthy Addition to the Diet

The more I eat from a healthy diet, the less of a taste I have for those foods that really don't do a body any favors. Being a good American, I of course still eat and enjoy spaghetti with white noodles, tuna salad, sausage, brownies and the rest of what I call "fifties food," but as I do, sometimes I feel that I am just prolonging old bad habits. For many years, my favorite "cuisine" has been living, organic vegetarian, and in a perfect world, that is what I would eat. This hearty Ezekiel bread from Whole Foods is made with "live grains," tastes delicious, and gives the body what it needs. For breakfast, I have been spreading it with something from the fifties like PB&J. To update it? Almond butter and raw local honey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I, too, enjoy Ezekiel bread and have found it's great warmed in the toaster, then spread with almond butter and topped with raspberry jam.
Oh!! Ingles carries this bread in the freezer section.
Pat