Friday, May 14, 2010

Farm Fresh

To use one of those new words, it has now been six weeks since I started my "staycation." While I still have to try to halfway keep the house in decent shape for any prospective buyers and do the usual duties, the time in fact has had a distinct vacation flavor about it. Almost each day has included something fun that I would not have done if I had been working, some of which is directed by the hubby who seems to be happy to have me around. One of his fondest childhood memories is from dairy country in Vermont where he lived when he was a child, and he lapses into ecstasy when he talks about fresh cow's milk. So he found a place about twenty-five miles away that sells raw milk, and going there was today's outing. Of course that wasn't all we got! I love red/purple onions, and the farm store had some small ones that still had their long dark green leaves. We got good butter, red peppers, boiled peanuts, and some other stuff. No strawberries because, crazy woman that I am, I want to labor under a blazing sun to pick them luscious and sweet. While there I learned that we are in for a good supply of peaches this year that will start mid June. Something to look forward to. Meanwhile...the hubby gave the milk an A+. He shook it well, chugged it down, and pronounced it worth the drive.

No comments: