Saturday, June 27, 2009

Show and Tell

In the fall of 2007 when Judi suggested that I start a daily blog, I had no idea that I would reach the 500 posts mark, but here I am. Tada! It has been my hobby and my almost daily show and tell. It has supported my enjoyment of picture taking, especially those insects that I first recognized as lovely subjects a few years ago when at dusk I snapped a green grasshopper on a red zinnia. Jacob just asked if I there was a favorite photo of mine and I told him that one - still. "I remember it," he acknowledged. I am learning that it is not all about the camera but how I am able to use what I have. And though I would love to post pictures of all kinds of interesting people, I don't think this is a good venue for it, so I mostly stick with nature. How much I have learned from looking deeper through the macro lens! This blog has also supported my little writings of nonsense or wisdom, mirth or moments of insight. I have openly shared ideas and perspectives, which once was a tough thing for me. I have found that, if I pay attention, the days themselves are filled with enough substance not to have to opine about controversial issues. So here I am, blog post #500, sent to press.

No comments: