Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Duty and Joy

On Friday when my paycheck comes, I will see if the extra work of the past few weeks has been worth it. I have been a busy nurse. Our beds are filled, and the whole place has been in a bit of a tizzy because of Joint Commission's long awaited visit. I must admit I find the whole Joint thing counterproductive, a good idea whose time has passed, but they set the rules and we must know them to - metaphorically - play the game. That is the way it is in a hospital. I enjoy my work but also wish I could be spending more time with Jacob who is visiting. When I got up late the other day, he had already been up for a while. "I was doing yard work," he told me. I was impressed and thankful! This evening he took me to dinner and was so cool as he paid for it from his grass cutting earnings. Tonight I feel both tired and blessed.

No comments: