Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Sum of the 365

At the end of recent years, I have made a list of personal superlatives, such things as best decision, best purchase, most hilarious moment, etc. When I sat down to do it this year I realized that 2008 was not a year of biggest, best and most. After my long awaited and marvelous Best Trip Ever, the rest fell into the category of maintaining the status quo. That in itself - I have now decided - is quite an accomplishment, especially in this year of upheaval on a larger scale. There were no huge decisions, just millions of tiny ones that all together seem to have worked out OK. As each day comes along, to face what must be done and to do it is a good thing. Soon I will be heading out the door to work, my first workday of the new year, part of the status quo. Since I am over my meltdown of last month, I will celebrate the stability it helps bring to my life. The most maintenance and stability. Not a bad superlative for the old year.

No comments: