Thursday, November 20, 2008

To Shop or Not to Shop

I feel like a traitor. For about a year people around here have been politely protesting the building of a WalMart near one of the upscale neighborhoods in my part of town. But it was a done deal and the spotless new store has now opened. Those who were against it can at least be glad that it is not super-sized! I made a delightful second trip there today thinking how great it is to have a WalMart only three miles away. And I didn't even feel that I was shopping in a third world country. I loaded up on baking ingredients that were a good price and decided to get a plastic bin for the refrigerator to hold my cheeses. The store was not full of people. I suspect many local shoppers are holding out. So I do feel a little guilty but not enough to stay away.

No comments: