Monday, November 17, 2008

Blessed with a Hearty Appetite

Another cold night is expected. I welcome the season changes but along with every approaching winter comes an unwelcome big appetite. Sure...warm soups are a big craving and quite satisfying, but I eat anything that is before me as if I am trying to pack on layers of protection for survival in the frigid outdoors. What is this hungry force of nature that overtakes me when the north winds blow in? And if that weren't enough, I get so much pleasure from cooking and baking this time of year, from having a warm oven and good smells in the house, that I tend to overcook and overbake, which means I overeat. Unfortunately there will be no let up for awhile. Soon there will be Thanksgiving and then Christmas with must do baking and outings that involve goodies. It isn't until the fresh tomatoes and veggies of spring that I back off. Woe is me!

No comments: