Thursday, March 6, 2008

There Is Always Something to Do. Thankfully.

Though I enjoy all of my work, it is more than nice to have a day away from it such as today, but I will still be busy taking care of myself and my surroundings. If I don't who will? Often that takes more motivation than showing up for my paying, clearly defined jobs. A quotation I think of that presses me forward on such a day as this when perhaps I would rather engage in self indulgence goes something like, "Be thankful each day that you have something to do whether you like doing it or not." Though I think it is harsh sounding, almost punitive, I think of the alternatives and none of which are where or what I want to be. I looked on the www to see if that quote could actually be attributed to someone, and yes it could, Charles Kingsley. There were a few others by him and here is the one I liked best: "We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about." Enough said...off I go.

1 comment:

Judith said...

Enthusiasm is the heartbeat of life......it is feeling one's bliss. I think if we lose that......we lose the will to go on living on some level.