Sunday, March 30, 2008

Go Tar Heels!

Since I am Tar Heel born and Tar Heel bred I pretty much have to be a basketball fan. Therefore it is in the blood or at least the culture to get a thrill when March Madness begins. But south of the border, it is not the same. Back in the seventies when we moved from North Carolina to South Carolina, I incredulously witnessed that life didn't stop when the ACC Tournament began. Other people actually scheduled events that conflicted with the games! As a result I have adapted more and more to the point of barely keeping up with basketball though it forever will be my favorite sport. But this has been sort of an exciting season for us fans, old and new. The fine school of Davidson had an outstanding season. In the ACC, my alma mater Clemson did surprisingly well. And now those Heels have made it to the final four as expected, but things don't always go as expected in the world of sports. Stuart has been a Duke fan for a long time, but sorry Stu...it isn't their year. Go Heels!

No comments: