Thursday, March 13, 2008

Back to the Gym

I have a bit of a love affair with our neighborhood Y. Just pulling in the parking lot after a a long absence gave me a happy feeling. I jokingly think of myself as being in training for this trip to France saying I need to eat less food, drink more wine, and learn to smoke, but I really do want to be able to hike around the villages comfortably since Provence is quite hilly. I have over two months to improve my stamina and strengthen some muscles. No problem. I would also like to lose some weight so I will be more comfortable in the cheap seats on the airplane. Problem. So I am going to the Y for help. Since I was last there, each wall of the exercise room has been painted a different primary color plus green, and it added some energy. I liked it. Mostly I love the machines and feel so much more fit and loose after I have used them and stretched. My favorite piece of equipment is the seated leg press. I have to watch that I don't hog it. Then I went to the nice hot tub/whirlpool. Mmmm. Why have I stayed away so long! It was wonderful. I am glad to have a good reason to be reunited with my Y.

No comments: