Friday, March 28, 2008

I Guess That's Why They Call It Spring


Three flowering crabapples line one side of my driveway. I hadn't noticed them making the change, but coming home from work this afternoon, as I turned onto my short street I noticed a mass of bright pink and thought - Wow! Where did that come from! It was coming from my yard, my trees! Overnight it seems they have sprung into their seasonal dress. Pretty soon the fat robins that keep hovering around them expectantly will be feasting on their little red berries. I think one of the joys of spring is the surprises. In our area, the second week of April is supposed to be the most beautiful. I look forward to it. That is when the dogwoods and azaleas will be blooming, and the greens of the leaves and grass fresh and new. It will seem that suddenly the whole world will become filled with color. Right now the plants and trees are sitting on go, like a jack in the box wound tightly, ready to pop open and surprise us all.

No comments: