Wednesday, February 6, 2008

"Can I be honest with you?"

UhOh...Simon is getting ready to insult a contestant who is either giving it his best shot or trying to get on television in the worst way. Poor guy. I see he is in for a shock. Another frequent Simon opinion, "excruciatingly painful" is what I also consider most of the audition segments of American Idol to be, but I watch anyway. Sometimes wannabes who are clearly not right mentally get made fun of under the guise of honesty. I feel bad for them but also hope that a guard is nearby in case the contestant loses it. Maybe that's my psych mind at work. Ryan, who seems to be a real people person, does a great job supporting the contestants and their families whatever humiliation or praise they receive from the judges. It looks like we may have some decent talent this year. Enough to cause me to watch and wait for those two minutes my favorites will sing.

No comments: