Friday, November 2, 2007

The new old house

After the house had been on the market for almost six months and had been visited by about sixty sightseers, there were still no offers. Was it that undesirable? I didn't think so. In fact I always found it to be a house of character and quite livable. But I took the hint and re-evaluated the situation. We decided that it would work just fine to stay here after all. When the house is on the market, it doesn't feel like your own. Now we are happily settling back into our new old house and doing some of the things we had planned to do when we moved into the new house in Winston-Salem that never was. I am restarting magazine subscriptions, buying new spices, and the promise of a big new television will soon be realized. I am cluttering instead of decluttering and actually living in instead of visiting this place that has sheltered me for ten years. It is good to be home.

No comments: