Sunday, January 3, 2010

Movie Time

This is the time of year when the best movies are playing, and if we don’t hurry, we may miss them. I enjoy watching a movie on the big screen if it holds my attention, and that is done by good acting, costumes, dialogue, and scenery. I admit I have never been able to follow a plot very well unless it is strictly a chick flick. Those I get. First we saw a non-chick flick, the dark Sherlock Holmes. Artistically I think it is well done, but I had to shield my eyes and wiggle my fingers in my ears a few times trying to avoid the blood and fighting and the representations of evil. At least it wasn’t punctuated with foul language. Yesterday we saw It’s Complicated. Who doesn’t think Meryl Streep is the finest actress? She and the handsome Alec Baldwin and the great script really carried it through to its conclusion. During this movie, the theatre was packed with people who laughed at all the right times and as the credits rolled were heard discussing the decision Jane (Streep) should have made. Avatar had very long lines so we will have to catch that one later, but still there are other good ones out now not to be missed.

No comments: