Thursday, January 7, 2010

Cranberry Preserves

What to do with some of the Christmas leftovers? hmmm . . . Without checking cyberspace or cookbooks, I decided I could figure out how to make preserves with the half bag of fresh cranberries in the fridge. I washed them and put then in a saucepan with just a tad of water, enough to make them pop open. I added a cinnamon stick, a little grated lemon rind and juice, and the pulp and juice of one orange. When it was hot and the cranberries "popped," I added sugar and cooked and stirred it all over a medium heat til the mixture looked like it was supposed to. Then I poured it in a Bonne Maman jar having just enough of my own creation to fill it. There is also a half a wheel of brie left and I think the cranberry preserves will be a nice topping for it. A little tart, a little sweet. I know I am going to like it.

No comments: