Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Evening of August 20, 2009

Tonight we went to Brasserie du Soleil with my very special Aunt Margaret and Uncle Marty who have been married almost sixty-six years. (The evening sun was shining brightly through the window in the pic. I should have waited.) It was a French restaurant that actually did remind me of my culinary adventures in France, from the olive and bread appetizers to the water served from a glistening bottle. Margaret and I ordered the same thing, a sauteed flounder plat shown here, and the men both ordered bouillabaisse, which was served in a white tureen and seemed to be a delicious underwater diving adventure. My dinner was good, but next time, and there will be one, I will get one of their beautiful looking salads.

1 comment:

Ashley Pie said...

I was so happy that Margaret spoke with Ashley tonight on the phone. I am extremely happy that you are vacationing near your birthday. Find Stuart and I a big house! Have Fun....