Friday, August 21, 2009

Another night, another dinner

We left Wilmington and drove north toward what is called the Crystal Coast of NC, but it will be tomorrow before we see the sparkling ocean. So far today it has been rivers, the sound, and the intracoastal waterway where our nice guest house/B & B is located. We arrived about two, settled in and then went exploring. We had checked out historical Swansboro on the way up, so we went to Morehead City and Beaufort. All these pretty and quaint towns reminded me so much of the New England coastal towns that I had visited last summer and before, and - gee - I realized I was more familiar with York, Maine and Gloucester, Mass than I was with my own part of the US. We stopped for seafood at an oddly named, landmark restaurant in Morehead City, The Sanitary. The dinner was pretty good, but mostly the place was interesting with walls filled with photos of famous people and locals who had visited since it opened in 1938. We got back "home" before the sun had fully set and I took pix. Here is one.

No comments: