Thursday, July 2, 2009

A woman's work is never done

Later in her life my mother told me she had figured out that we get everything we want, just not everything at the same time. That's given me something to think about. I have found that if her philosophy relates to housekeeping, it is true. Many years ago, when it was the thing to do whether we could afford it or not, we had a maid. That time has long passed. It has been up to me for decades. I wish I had the ability to get all the house pretty and clean in unison, outside and inside. Is that too much for one woman to ask of herself? Apparently. I do try to keep the bathrooms clean, but the rest? One task at a time. If I have all the laundry done, then the house needs vacuuming, or there is a big pile of stuff that must be sorted and put away. What's worse...I find that it is mostly the small jobs that loom over me that are the most difficult to get around to doing. You get the picture. On and on and on...

No comments: