Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Back on track

I am sitting happily at my little spot in the corner of the room where my computer and my muse reside, and at last all is well. Over the past week or so I was derailed by a few minor traumas some of which were computer related. The monitor had been flickering, fluorescing, and giving off op art designs for months, so I finally bought a new one. That was a good thing, but just as I was adapting to it, some weird goings on in my computer suggested a virus. Now that it has been cured and cleaned, I hope to get back to the hobby of blogging (and of course playing a few rounds of spider solitaire.)

Yes...thankfully this corner spot that was left lifeless has come alive again. I missed it. I like it as it is a place with few distractions and a friendly old swivel chair to hold me. It is where I feel comfortable enough to let my mind ramble and maybe write a bit. I am not so sure about the muse, but I need all the help I can get. Writing does not come easily to me. I have to work at it, but I enjoy the work. The challenge I made to myself to blog daily whenever possible has sent me to some other computers where I can fulfill my duty, but it was like cooking in someone else's kitchen. Now my muse and I can keep chugging along - at least until the next glitch.

No comments: