Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Day at the Park

I feel like I am taking a page from Paige's blog. I told her that when she finished nursing school, her life as she knows it is over. At least that was how it was for me, but there were other major factors, too. At any rate...life does change when new careers start, and she has started working some night shifts. I remember how disoriented I felt and how much I needed sleep but couldn't get it. Maybe Paige feels the same awful way. So Stuart took the kids out for the day so she could have a quiet house to sleep in hopefully, and we met them in Asheville at Lake Julian for a picnic. The hubby took his Cherokee grill and we cooked hamburgers and hot dogs and had watermelon. The weather was perfect. We rented paddle boats and Ashley and John fed the ducks and geese - there were hundreds - and squished the mud between their toes and fingers.Ashley is best at looking pretty. She will be seven next month and is getting her grown up front teeth.When it was time to go, Jacob came with us. I am always glad to have him around. I hope my sweet daughter-in-law got some sleep while I enjoyed the family we share.

No comments: