Sunday, April 26, 2009

What a nice thing to say. I think.

The older I get the fewer compliments I get. But today I was pleased to receive one, at least that is the way I chose to look at it. Chipotle Grill opened here about a month ago and I think it is great. The lime cilantro rice as a base for the rest of whatever else you like is yummy. So anyway I had chosen what I wanted to take out (vegetarian bowl) and was getting ready to pay. The guy at the register asked if I would like a bag for it. "No thank you." Then he said back to me, "I didn't think so. I took you for a save the trees person." Was I that transparent or scruffy or was it the organic, "green" tee shirt I was wearing? "I am! How could you tell?" I asked as I think I am the only one who can peg people with such accuracy. "You just gave off that vibe." Was I impressed. And flattered.

No comments: