Sunday, April 19, 2009

How it is

At work we sometimes listen to the radio-type website Pandora. This evening one of my patients asked if I could find some songs by Casting Crowns. They happen to be a favorite of mine, too, and I was happy to use Pandora to play some of their inspirational music for her. Matter of fact the first song that popped up was the one whose lyrics I often think of when I need to keep myself and my life in perspective. It is all about the greatness of God yet how well he knows us and how much he loves us. I love its words: "I am a flower quickly fading, here today and gone tomorrow, a wave tossed in the ocean, a vapor in the wind. Still you hear me when I'm calling. Lord you catch me when I'm falling. And you told me who I am. I am yours." Life is short. Seek shelter and comfort in God.

No comments: