Sunday, August 31, 2008

How I Used the Vegetables

After church today, I was seized with the urge to cook, especially since I had those nice vegetables from yesterday. Once before I had made a delicious ratatouille pie and always wanted to try something like it again. Here is what I did today. Sauteed a mixture of cut up veggies (eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash, pepper, onion, tomatoes, garlic) in a pan with a little oil only til tender and stirred in some Italian seasoning. I prepared a pie pan by buttering the bottom and sides and sprinkling about a tablespoon of flour over it. In a bowl, I beat two eggs, added maybe a quarter cup of milk, Parmesan and mozzarella, dashes of salt and pepper, and stirred in the vegetables - and some fresh spinach, too. Poured it in the pan and baked til done. Quiche-like sans crust. I thought it was great.

No comments: