Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Girls of August

My grandmother always thought it was special that she and I had August birthdays ten days apart. Now it is special to me that I have a granddaughter with whom I share an August birthday and only four days apart! (see Paige's blog) But we are different. It took me decades to get as comfortable with myself as Ashley has by age six. After our dinner in downtown Dandridge on Saturday, we walked across the street to a park that was really a Revolutionary War graveyard, and Ashley started gracefully posing as if she were the model in a photo shoot. Paige and I saw the opportunity and started clicking away. Ashley posed on benches and next to the trees and against tombstones. She tossed her head and laughed and gave sultry and pouty looks. Born to model, I suppose.

No comments: