Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Baby Brings Change

As we go along through life we have many roles - and names and titles. First I was a daughter, a granddaughter, niece and cousin. Then I became a proud sister. Later a wife and mother, aunt, mother-in-law and sister-in-law. Like the rest of us I have been a student, a friend, an employee, and a neighbor. I have been called by my first name and occasionally pet names like Susie Q, and names that describe my role such as Mom and Grandmommy. Today, November 16, 2010, with the birth of my niece's baby boy, I became a great aunt. Congratulations to my little brother as he steps into the brand new role of Grandfather, and of course I wish happiness always to new mommy Kelly and all the rest of the wonderful family as they adapt to their new roles in this ever changing life.

No comments: