Thursday, February 25, 2010

An unusual day

Win a few. Lose a few. Life is full of surprises. Just when I was pondering the need for some outside cleaning to enhance the curb appeal of my house and also dreading giving a room a much needed coat of paint, the doorbell rings, and it's a guy and his son handing me a flyer and looking for work. They power wash driveways, porches, and decks, and also paint. "Was this a joke?" I asked my husband. Nope. Just one of those "uncanny" things. "You're hired," I told them. They started the cleaning right away and went til dusk.

While this was more helpful than unusual, I used http://www.freecycle.org/ to free myself of some no longer needed stuff. Today some bags of seashells, a manger scene, dishes, old 33 1/3 albums, and an Elvis clock were gladly picked up by different people who saw them as treasures. For me it means less that will have to be moved or thrown in a landfill.

The oddest event was waking at 0500 - truly disgustingly and uncharacteristically early - waiting for the sun to come up, ready to take on the day. I hope that was a signal of changes to come. I always wanted to be an early riser.

No comments: