Friday, February 5, 2010

Surviving Winter

Another soppy, dreary, freezing day. Will this winter never end! Only a couple of years ago I felt that winter had hardly made its rounds to Greenville. I remember balmy evenings, and days when the sun’s energy filled my car with warmth, and when I hoped the ground would have enough of a freeze to kill the bugs. (It’s a SC thing.) No worry this year. We have fully experienced Old Man Winter.

During this cold and messy season, I have not been keen on doing much besides staying in - except when I go to work of course - and have begun the habit of enjoying supper in the evening while watching Cash Cab. I think the show is quite popular, and I like it not just for the questions but because the show seems to treat the viewer with some respect. (Think about it.) A bowl of vegetable soup while watching something fun on television - how cozy and American is that. If the weather weren’t so nasty, I wouldn’t take the time to engage in this pleasant, comforting ritual. So it’s not all bad.

No comments: