Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Making Plans

The events of the past couple of weeks have been nothing short of amazing. It is as if God said, “This girl needs my help” and started making things happen.

One evening at work about the first of February, we had a nice female security guard watching an unpredictable young female patient. I complimented the guard on the way she was handling the patient and then, as women do, we got into a conversation with one thing quickly leading to another. She told me that almost a year ago, she and her husband had moved here from Tampa and now they are ready to get out of their apartment. I told her I was planning on retiring this spring, that we would be moving to Wilmington, and my home would be for sale. She talked about what they wanted in a house and as it turned out, mine had all those qualities. I gave her my address and phone number and suggested they ride by, and if they liked the location and the exterior look, we could go on from there.

Long story short, they love the house, as I have, and came by yesterday with papers showing they have been approved for the loan. They took pictures and talked about what they plan for certain areas. I saw that in their minds, it is theirs already.

The timing is working out perfectly. I had wanted to be in Wilmington around May and so far it is looking as if that will happen. On our trip this weekend, as I rode along the riverfront, passed the downtown churches that still look like they did when I was a child and the old houses one of which was my great-great-great grandparents, and saw the swaying Spanish moss on the pines, and felt the Wilmington air, my heart felt right at home. I know being there is the right thing.

We met with a realtor, one whom I had selected on the internet but didn’t want to bother too soon, and of all the realtors in town, is the one I was “randomly” assigned to when I hurriedly called Prudential, a familiar agency. Still we have not found a house. Choosing one is the next big thing, and I believe it is there, still undiscovered.

There is much ahead of us, but the transition is starting perfectly with God’s blessing and leadership. I look expectantly to life in the lovely Port City.

No comments: