Sunday, March 22, 2009

my poor clothes

During the past couple of weeks I have purged my closet of many memorable T shirts, other old favorite tops and a few bottoms from my less than fashionable wardrobe. Also ousted were a dozen or so polo type shirts from the hubby's side that he so far hasn't noticed as missing. The unholy and unstained potentially sellable items went to Goodwill. The rest I stuffed into big bags and dragged into to my hospital to fill the shelves of the clothes closet. Now I see my lovely attire everywhere! Today, I counted five patients wearing my old familiar items. "My favorite shirt!" I wanted to cry to the woman at the med window. "Do you know I was wearing that when I held my granddaughter for the first time?" But I tightened my lips, looked away and passed her by. My striped knit top is hers now and it looked nice on her. Better for her to have it than for it to lie idle and unloved I told myself. Believe you me...there is no telling who these clothes will end up on! I didn't discard easily but really, the need is there and I am glad for the clothes to be used. I think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Each person who adds to the clothes closet at work for patients who are in need, is truly an angel...even when your heart tugs at you, seeing a favorite item. It was given and received with love.
Thanks, pwm