Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Almost time to leave

We left Daddy with the family and drove a few miles north on 35 to the new outlet mall, specifically to La Madeleine's for a late breakfast. Having made do with Nutrigrain bars and toaster pastries for the past few mornings, I was hungry for the real thing. I filled my tummy with some well cooked scrambled eggs, potato galette (French style hash browns), bacon, a croissant, coffee, and slices of chewy French breads and preserves that were there for the taking. The bread and coffee reminded me of my first morning in Avignon.

I don't know if I will have an opportunity to take more pictures of the new baby. I do not want to use a flash and hurt his little eyes. But he is doing well, a tiny and precious little person. His face has lost some of the puffiness from being born and he is already nursing well. I think the older boys are adjusting. Tomorrow we will leave the babies, the prickly pear cactus and the Lone Star Statebehind and fly east on Continental to home sweet home.

No comments: